Cozy Touches That Bring Hygge to Your California Wedding
Imagine sipping hot cocoa and conversing with your loved ones while snuggled in a cozy blanket. This is the concept Detailed Touch Events has brought to life at Muckenthaler Mansion in Fullerton. The reception design, captured by Jess Lauren Photography, embraces the Danish concept of hygge (pronounced “HEW-guh”, according to the Merriam-Webster dictionary) by creating an intimate and inviting reception setting. The design team—which included Lovesome Blossoms, Found Rentals and La Piñata Party Rentals—employed a variety of airy floral hues and textured elements, from the cable-knit-inspired cake and yarn-adorned invitations to the indulgent food spread created by Colette’s Catering & Events.
1. The bride’s and groom’s chairs are wrapped in snug cable-knit blankets.
2. Candles are an important part of setting a hygge scene. The warm, flickering candles nestled in an organic tangle of leaves instill a homey touch.
3. Detailed Touch Events designed a cozy dining scene, an organic spray of florals in soft peach and cream tones by Lovesome Blossoms are nestled among gold candlesticks on top of a warm wooden table from Found Rentals flanked by the “Benny” bentwood chairs.
4. Azure Couture Event Stationery wove together soft, natural virgin yarn and smooth wooden beads with a modern-typography-driven design on thick cotton card stock. Elegant neutrals, torn edges and rounded forms bring a welcoming elegance to the suite. A marquis diamond ring from JK & Co. Private Jewelers in Santa Monica adds sparkle.
5. La Piñata Party Rentals’ white china is paired with brushed velvet napkins from La Tavola Fine Linen adding texture to the the tabletop. Amber goblets introduce an autumnal tone while menus adored with yarn and wooden beads add texture.
6. Maria Ferris of Beverly’s Bakery created a textured, three-tier cake covered in fondant with a woven cotton base and ropes of yarn and buttons.
7. Lovesome Blossoms keeps the tones neutral while incorporating elements of green with a touch of brown and a hint of peach. “The warm tones and various textures created a dramatic look while maintaining the relaxed feel,” explains owner Jeany K.
8. Colette Catering & Events focuses on seasonal fall dishes with warming flavors that include cardamom and hearty herbs. The charcuterie and cheese plate features sliced prosciutto, tasso ham, Spanish chorizo, Point Reyes blue cheese, port wine Derby cheese, sweety drop peppers, marinated olives, cornichons and dried fruits with freshly baked breads and seasonal crackers, alongside a fresh fig salad with cardamom-spiced sherry gastrique and an enticing platter of crispy goat cheese.
9. Page Beauty’s Tanya Bures (pagebeauty.com) created a bridal look based on a soft, warm palette. Page Beauty hair stylist Stefanie Cuesta accented the bride’s tousled updo with a fishtail braid. A simple white dress from Styled by TC (styledbytc.com) completes the look.