Hello Fashion's Christine Andrew Designed The Cutest Parisian-Inspired Bridal Brunch
Christine Andrew, style guru and founder of blog Hello Fashion, effortlessly brought the sunshine and style to a chic bridal brunch for her closest friends and bestie bride-to-be. With so many stresses leading up to the big day, a pretty bridal shower is the perfect way for the bride to take a break from wedding planning and revel in the excitement of it all! Pairing a bridal shower with brunch- our favorite meal of the day? Genius!
Andrew expertly planned and designed the occasion with the bride-to-be in mind, paying attention to each and every dainty detail. Complete with a fun balloon arch, doughnut bar and fresh feel, this bridal brunch was seriously one-of-a-kind. Read more from Andrew and get a glimpse of this lovely event below!
What was your inspiration behind the design?
I wanted to incorporate a feminine, Parisian feel as a nod to a girls trip the bride-to-be and I went on earlier this year to Paris. Breakfast food was an easy choice- it's the best meal of the day and Whitney's favorite, so it inspired me to throw a feminine, Parisian brunch.
What are your food must-haves when entertaining?
Always have something available to snack on beforehand. Food always puts people at ease, and having something available to much on will buy you some time if the main entrees are running late. Another rule of thumb is to have a good variety of foods available- something sweet, something salty and something fresh. It will create a great balance and give people the option to help themselves to what they like.
Any tips for picking the perfect design?
1) If you are feeling overwhelmed, pick a color palette and start there!
2) Flowers always make a space feel more welcoming, so never miss an opportunity to bring in some fresh blooms in unexpected ways!
3) Mix and match. Don't feel like everything needs to match perfectly! By mixing and matching some of your dishes and stemware, you have more opportunity to bring in different textures, heights, sizes and more to create a beautiful tablescape.
What is your best advice when it comes to entertaining?
1) Always add a personal element! Your guests will recognize and appreciate the little personal details and they will go a long way for making them feel welcome.
2) Along those same lines, take the time to find out your guests' dietary restrictions, if any- whether they are on a special diet, have allergies, or can't have gluten, etc. You will always want to make sure there is something for everyone!
Any tips and tricks for staying on trend?
Coordinate your color palette with the season. During the summer, think warm pastels and neutrals. By picking colors that are more seasonal, you will have a lot more options as far as flowers and fresh produce you can incorporate into your design.