With social distancing intruding on many hundred-person wedding plans, microweddings have become the biggest wedding trend of 2020. Couples are turning to venues to plan (or re-plan) their wedding through microweddding packages. This "less is more" approach may stick around for a while, as couples are enjoying this flexible and stress-free planning process. The venues below are offering solutions and packages for couples looking to plan a microwedding.
Create cherished memories to last a lifetime in the stunning alpine setting of the Hyatt Regency Lake Tahoe Resort, Spa and Casino. You have a love to be celebrated and we have a commitment to help you translate your vision into the day of your dreams. Surrounded by a lush green meadow and snow-capped mountains, this venue will make a jaw-dropping setting for a jaw-dropping day in the heart of the Sierra Nevada Mountains.
- Scenic hybrid micro-wedding experience: allows guests to stream the ceremony from another area at the hotel or from off-site if they can attend in person, so couples can include loved ones near and far.
The city’s iconic Belmond El Encanto has served as an idyllic getaway to couples, families, and public figures for over a century. It has recently been meticulously restored to capture all the romance and glamour that endeared it to both the local Santa Barbara community and visitors alike. Lush gardens and sweeping ocean views set a lovely scene for an outdoor microwedding or a beautiful elopement. From the wisteria-lined Arbor and Lily Pond to the elegant ballroom with an exclusive patio, guests can choose from a variety of signature locations across the property for a safe, intimate ceremony.
- Oak Tree Suite & Terrace: couples can take their intimate ceremony to the Oak Tree Suite & Terrace which can also serve as the perfect honeymoon suite. For a flat $500 on top of the suite reservation, the hotel will setup the ceremony on the suite’s Terrace which includes chairs, beverage (iced tea, lemonade, water) station, linen, and valet parking for ceremony guests.
- Arbor & Lily Pond: For guests simply looking for a ceremony and not a stay, they can reserve space at the Arbor & Lily Pond for either $2,500 (Monday-Wednesday) or $5,000 (Thursday - Sunday).
One of Southern California’s most exclusive and multifaceted special events venues, Rancho Las Lomas offers the perfect surrounding for an extraordinary outdoor occasion. With an enchanting open-air theater, Spanish-styled stage, zoological gardens, and 24 Carrots’ signature service, this distinctive and memorable site is the ideal setting for your intimate Micro-Wedding experience.
- Ceremony Only: 2 Hours including Ceremony Rentals, Morning and Afternoon Options Available
- Ceremony & Reception: 4 Hours including Ceremony Rentals, Morning and Afternoon Options Available, Prix Fixe Brunch or Dinner Menus - Pricing starts at $2,500
The Historic Muckenthaler Mansion is located on 9 acres of park-like grounds offering outdoor features and ample acreage to completely customize your micro-wedding needs. With the team of Colette’s Catering leading the way, they are super-pro all things safety and focused on the health of their couples, your guests and their staff. The Mansion, built in the 1920’s, is a stunning backdrop for your wedding with a vista of gently rolling gardens, swaying palms, and picturesque architecture.
Boasting beautiful landscape and numerous indoor and outdoor spaces, the property is surrounded by lush foliage and grand palm trees bordering the garden creating a private, intimate space perfect for such a cherished moment to share with your guests. Al fresco options include: the Center Circle Courtyard, the Adella and Northwest Lawns and the charming Palm Court.
La Lomita Ranch is the newest and most exclusive wedding and event venue located at the entrance to California’s Edna Valley coastal wine region in San Luis Obispo. You will find this oasis nestled out in untouched nature within its own valley of Grand Oaks with green peaks circling the lush estate, making this venue an idyllic retreat to host your private and socially distant COVID-safe wedding. While light and shadow dance against the arched exterior of the luxurious private suites, La Lomita Ranch once was home to famed Arabian horses, where now, this 160-acre Spanish property welcomes guests as your own reserved wedding destination.
- The all-inclusive Micro-Wedding Collection starts at $5,400 with a maximum of 25 guests, including the couple (availability limited).
- Package prices vary depending on: Time of year, Package chosen.