Wheat and Honey Events pulled together the dreamiest of designs in this styled shoot
8 Design Tips to Make Your California Wedding Stand Out
Inspiration doesn’t have to come from one single style. At Hangar 21 South in Fullerton, Kelsey Sage of K.Sage Events created a unique scene by blending a European farmers’ market vibe with folksy touches and romantic, feminine details. Sage shares eight creative tips for making your wedding design stand out from the Pinterest pack.
1. Mix styles to keep it interesting and eclectic, advises Sage. Note that in her design, vintage brass goblets are paired with contemporary wood salad plates. “These pieces are old and new, but they work well together because they are still within the same color scheme,” explains Sage. “And while the goblet is a metallic and the plate is a matte, they still balance each other.”
2. Layer.“When choosing pieces for your tabletop, choose pieces that layer well, creating height and allowing each piece to have a special moment.”
3. Pay attention to the napkins. “You can take something ordinary and make it into a statement piece by adding a stylish napkin fold,” Sage says. “When choosing a napkin fold, take your menu into account as well. You want to make sure that they complement one another.”
4. Customize your stationery by including fun verbiage that is a reflection of you as a couple, such as “Let’s Feast,” “Salut!” “Let Them Eat Cake,” “Drunk in Love,” or similar phrases.
5. Play with textures. “Ask your florist to bring in something seasonal, like pampas grass or dried elements for that extra special flair.”
6. Go for color. Colored glassware is a simple way to make a lasting impression at the table. “[A glass is] the piece that everyone will hold up for your toasts, thus it makes a big statement.”
7. Custom postage. “This is a fun way to make a great first impression. It’s also a great way to give a hint to your overall theme and colors for the big day.
8. Go fashion forward. In this instance, Sage traded in the traditional veil for a flower-adorned hat to create an edgy, folkish vibe.