Think inside the box when it comes to your paper goods!
Brighten Up Your Wedding Day With Florist And Event Designer Chloe+Mint
A pop of pink and yellow with a dash of blue and a neutral base is Jenny Yi’s idea of a perfect bright color palette. The founder and lead designer of the Los Angeles–based Chloe+Mint (chloeandmint.com), Yi tackles every wedding detail, from florals to coordination and overall event design. When creating a design, inspiration can come from something as simple as nail polish or a favorite painting. “Whether it be fashion, art or architecture, anything can be the foundation for design,” says Yi. Here, the concept was inspired by Chanel’s newly released summer palette. Yi created the palette by layering shades of each hue, from soft blushes and blues to a bold floral finish of fuchsia and yellow.
1. The story begins with subtle shades of blush florals and plenty of clean, negative space, as found in Seniman Calligraphy’s “New York” semi-custom invitation suite. The invitation features letterpress on handmade paper with a romantic botanical envelope liner. From $550, from Seniman Calligraphy in Los Angeles, senimancalligraphy.com.
2. Bottega Louie’s Earl Grey macarons bring a colorful and sweet touch to the table. Dusted with flecks of edible gold, the treats add an elegant note. Made fresh daily in this downtown Los Angeles boutique, these delicate Earl Grey tea–infused cookies are made with California almond flour and filled with milk chocolate ganache. $15 for five macarons, Bottega Louie in Los Angeles, bottegalouie.com.
3. Find your place with Moroccan tiles hand-calligraphed in gold. The subtle shape gives movement to the design with a faint brush of blue watercolor highlighting the tile edges. Yi recommends hitting your local tile shop or hardware store to find inspiration for unique escort cards like these. Price upon request, from Chloe and Mint.
4. Take inspiration for centerpieces and bouquets from these vibrant blooms in various hues of pink and yellow that include peonies, ranunculus, garden roses, poppies and sweet peas. Price upon request, from Chloe and Mint.
5. Bring the color palette full circle by choosing a color for your nails and those of your bridal party, such as Chanel’s bold blue-green-shaded “Vert No. 19” and the sunny “Giallo Napoli.” $28 each, from Nordstrom, multiple locations, nordstrom.com.