Between finalizing designs, communicating with vendors and hoping each detail will be perfect, it is easy to get overwhelmed. Take a moment for self-care with these nine bridal beauty products that we are head over heels in love with.
Glow All Night Long: 8 Essential Bridal Beauty Tips from Make-Up Therapy
1. (above) Blush gives you a healthy glow and pulls the entire look together. Avoid too much shimmer as it can create excessive shine and enhance skin imperfections. Nars’ Amour is a matte, natural blush that works on all skin tones and glides on like silk. $30, at narscosmetics.com.
2. Shiseido Pureness oil-control blotting papers are a must! Use these before touching up with pressed powder for a seamless finish. And the papers’ portable, light blue pouch is perfect for tucking into your bag. $18.50, at shiseido.com.
3. Bobbi Brown’s “Blondie Pink” lipstick is a beautiful blush shade with a brown undertone that works on various skin tones to give a modern, clean look. The creamy, semi-matte lipstick is super pigmented for long-lasting wear and is gorgeous with both natural and sultry looks. $27, at bobbibrowncosmetics.com.
4. Derived from a French “cashmere” talc, Laura Mercier translucent pressed setting powder’s sheer application sets makeup perfectly and helps it last longer. A quick touch-up with the powder removes shine without creating a caked appearance. A bonus: Apply it around the mouth to prevent lip color from bleeding outside the natural lip line. $35, at lauramercier.com.
5. Tears of joy can cause eyeliner to fade, so a quick touch-up with Urban Decay’s 24/7 Glide-On pencil in “Demolition” will keep your look perfectly in line. Long-wearing, this neutral shade of deep brown is easy to blend into previously applied shades as well. $20, at urbandecay.com.
6. Hydrating and smooth, Smashbox’s Be Legendary lip gloss in “Azalea” glides on without leaving a sticky residue—making lips kissable all night long. It’s perfect for layering on top of lipstick to help it last. $20, at smashbox.com.
7. Jimmy Choo’s dusty nude and pink glittered “Margot” flat clutch is the perfect place to stow your beauty kit. $695, from Jimmy Choo in Beverly Hills.
8. No fix-it kit is complete without Q-tips and tissue. Use Q-tips to clean up under the eyes in case anything runs (thanks, happy tears!) or tissues to blot (don’t rub!) away tears, sweat and sniffles from the face to keep that fresh and flawless look. Q-tips purse pack $1.99, Kleenex pocket pack $.69, from CVS, multiple locations.
All makeup products available at Sephora, multiple locations.